Cancer research at BYU is conducted by research faculty in various departments across campus. Their research is financially aided through fellowships granted by the Simmons Center for Cancer Research to student researchers.
Each year, approximately 15 students are able to focus solely on cancer research. The fellowships not only benefit the fight against cancer, but also enable students with research experience and marketable skills to aid them in a career in cancer research.
The cost of a semester-long fellowship is approximately $8,000. For your donation, you will:
- Fund the research of one cancer research fellow from April-August
- Meet the recipient of your donation at the opening fellowship luncheon
- Participate in the end of summer research presentation by fellows
- Learn, first-hand, the impact of your donation
- 100% of donations directly fund cancer research
We are grateful for the many generous contributions to the Cancer Research Center. With your generous support, cutting edge research at BYU will impact the lives of many.
Please see this brochure for more details about the Sponsor a BYU Cancer Fellow program.